Leather Carry-all/Tote bag One day Short Course
Come and make a machine sewn leather carry-all/tote bag, perfect for carrying your day to day essentials such as your makeup bag, purse, phone, books etc. There will be a small selection of coloured leathers to choose from. You will be shown how to use leather making tools and equipment safely and to machine sew leather.
The workshop is suitable for adults – beginners or improvers. You will be provided with an apron to wear during the day and will sew your bag on your own sewing machine.
- You will work from a pre-made template.
- You will be shown how to use an industrial sewing machine. Focusing on starting, sewing and ending your sewing neatly.
- You will practice sewing before you start your bag.
- You will choose your leather and cut the desired shape out using a template.
- Sew your bag using an industrial sewing machine.
- Have the option to add an internal pocket.
Class is appropriate for: Adults – beginners or improvers
Materials: All materials are provided.
Class size: 3 (maximum)
Date: Saturday 13th April 2019 10.00am – 5.00/5.30pm
Location: Studio One, 36 Keyhill Drive, Jewellery Quarter, Birmingham B18 5NY.
Coffee, tea, soft drinks, biscuits and lunch are available with this short course. We will take a 30min or so break for lunch with food provided from either a local cafe, deli or pizza restaurant and regular comfort breaks. Please state any dietary requirements in the comments box when booking your place.